Professional Event Management (PEvM) Course
The Professional Events Management (PEvM) course is designed to allow those who desire to acquire pragmatic knowledge in managing events, gaining heavily from the insights of industry practitioners whilst firmly supported by academic frameworks that will engineer the confident needed to develop and manage successful business events within a condensed time-frame.
Given the wide definition of what constitutes a business or MICE event, this course focuses on non-travel related events that are non-meeting and non-exhibition focused. Given this definition, the focus of this course is on other commercially oriented event that serve a strong marketing and communications focused role, oftentimes including a strong mix of media and entertainment options in a heady mix of what has been termed 'Experiential communications'. These events may range from serving a select few to thousands of people, with a range of budgets to match, that are not always commensurate with the audience size.
By the end of this course, the participants will have acquired the skills and confident needed to architecture and manage the wide permutation of 'Experiential communications' event clients seek to meet their marketing communications needs. As a results, 'personal events' such as birthdays and weddings will not fall into this ambit, although the skills learned from this course will certainly contribute greatly to these events.
- Acquire practical knowledge and confidence in professional events management, especially events of a commercial nature
- Develop stronger professional interest in the events industry and thrive subsequently as an Event Professional
- Understand the key differences between key commercial event genres and how to manage these with confidence
- Importance of business events
- Key planning considerations
- Event architecture
- The "creative" process
- Making and winning the pitch
- Client management
- Delivery of an event
- Post-event phase
- Event types and their characteristics
Upon completion of the PEvM programme, participants are awarded 15 Continuous Education (CE) clock hours. This can be used in the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) application process.
S$ 963.00 (GST Inclusive)
S$ 1,177.00 (GST Inclusive)